Widlberry Wish is a juicy blend of assorted berries and sweet Shiraz. This is the perfect patio wine, served chilled or over ice on a hot summer night. Great for sipping or mixed into a wine slush.
Serves: 8 cups
- 1 cup Water 2 Wine White Merlot (or your favorite sweet wine)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 cups mixed fresh fruit (berries, melon, and peaches are a great combination)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- Dice fruit and place in refrigerator to cool.
- Mix wine and sugar in a small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Chill.
- While sauce and fruit cool, chop mint.
- Pour sauce over fruit and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with mint.
- Serve immediately or chill for several hours to allow flavors to meld. Fruit may soften while chilling.
Check out any commercially-produced bottle of wine, and it will say “Contains sulfites.” Water 2 Wine wines are all low in sulfites, but what, exactly, are they?
Wikipedia defines sulfites as, “compounds that contain the sulfite ion [SO3]” and notes that sulfites “naturally occur in some foods and the human body. They are also used as regulated food additives.” Continue reading
Here’s a look back at our first anniversary video on Morning Blend!