Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you complete a contact form on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and phone number in our customer database. This information will only be used to contact you in regards to your initial inquiry.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You may turn off all cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser on how to block cookies that have been placed on your computer.
Embedded content from other websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information You Provide to Us:
Tracking Our Emails to Our Customers:
When we send emails to our own registered Hello Bar customers, we’ll sometimes track who opened the emails and who went so far as to click on any of the hyperlinks. We do this to measure the performance of our Email Campaigns, and to improve our offerings to specific customer segments.
Information From Other Sources:
We may obtain additional information about you by using your email address, or other information, to directly, or through one or more services, search over the internet, or elsewhere. We thereby obtain information that appears to be related to such email address or other information, such as a name, age and participation in social media websites, (such information being referred to herein as “Supplemental Member Information”).
How we will use and disclose your Personal Information:
- To promote use, including continued use, of our Services. For example, if you leave your personal information when you visit our Website and do not sign up for any of the Services, we may send you one or more emails asking whether you wish to sign up. If you use any of our Services, and may benefit from using one or more other Services we offer, we may send you an email telling you about the other Service or Services.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency, to alert you if we need a different credit card number, and to otherwise try to collect money owed. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing and send billing information to such third parties, who maintain all information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about what steps we take to safeguard such data, see below. These credit card transaction processors are third parties for purposes of the data protection laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback.
- To protect the rights and safety of us and our employees, Members, owners, officers and others
- To meet legal requirements such as complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- For internal use, whether in the form actually received or pseudonymously or anonymously, by way of example and not limitation circulating email addresses internally for identifying the most common web hosts used by our customers, or reviewing IP addresses for information about the general geographic areas of origin of our users.
- To provide information received hereunder to representatives and advisors such as attorneys and accountants to help us comply with legal and other requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding.
- To disclose the information that we have to you in response to any valid request from you to know what of your information we possess, and in response to a valid request to exercise your “right to be forgotten” as detailed further below.
- To communicate with you concerning your account for an informational, as opposed to promotional, purpose.
- To send you informational and promotional materials that you elect (“opt-in”) to receive.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Third-Party Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
- Any information that you provide to the Company, whether by direct communication to us or by entry into a text field anywhere on the Website, will be collected and used by the Company. Some of that information will be anonymized or pseudonymized.
- The Company will use your email address to send you certain regular emails pursuant to your opt-in subscriptions to our newsletter and other regular contacts. We use Constant Contact (www.constantcontact.com) as our newsletter provider.
- The Company also collects certain data based on your access of the Website. This includes session data, meaning information such as when and for how long you access the Website. The Website will collect information about your location based on your IP address. An IP address is a non-static identifier that allows the Company to know, in general terms, where its users are located. An IP address is not the same as a physical address, and is not the same as either your shipping address or your billing address.The Company uses your IP address for internal purposes such as knowing which countries provide certain percentages of its users. The Company does not verify your IP address or connect it to your shipping or billing address for purposes of checkout. Your IP is not and cannot be used by the Company to identify you personally. The Company will also know your IP address for purposes of logging visits to the Website from your IP address and for preventing distributed denial-of-service attacks, which are disruptive attacks on websites caused by very large numbers (hundreds of thousands or more) of near-simultaneous visits to the Website.
- The Company collects information such as the number of users visiting the website at any given time, the times during which visitors visit the Website, the length of time that users use the website, which pages they visit, which products they order, and what other actions they take while on the website. This information is collected by the Website and is provided in an anonymized form to the Company’s data analytics provider, which is Google Analytics (the “Data Analytics Provider”). This information is used by the Company to track the engagement, general geographic origin, and headcount of its users. This information is combined together to provide general demographic information on the Website’s users. This information is not and cannot be used to identify you specifically. The Data Analytics Provider is segregated from internal tools that identify specific customers, for example our internal system for storing subscribers’ email addresses.
- The Company may from time to time engage certain independent contractors to engage with your personal information; by way of example and not limitation, a third-party marketing service to send emails or an independent data analytics analyst who may have access to anonymous or pseudonymous information that we collect from you. All such persons are bound by express duties of confidentiality to the Company. Such persons are third parties within the meaning of the applicable privacy laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
Right to be Forgotten
Users subject to the data privacy laws of the European Union and/or the United Kingdom may at any time issue a request to us that we remove, cease using, and/or permanently delete any information that you have submitted to us. Such valid requests will be honored promptly according to the applicable rules and regulations of the European Union and the United Kingdom. Any request to destroy some or all of the information you submit to us must be made in writing, to the designated contact information provided elsewhere on the Webpage. Information so destroyed or removed cannot be recovered; once destroyed, such information must be resubmitted by the user before we are able to verify, confirm, or disclose any such information in the future.
Safeguarding Your Information
The Company does not collect payment information from you except to the extent that the Company forwards your payment request directly to our merchant services provider, which is PayPal (www.paypal.com) (the “Merchant Services Provider”), with neither the ability nor the intent to intercept or collect any such payment data. The Merchant Services Provider only receives information necessary to verify that any payments between yourself and the Company are authorized. The Merchant Services Provider will use encrypted tools to communicate with your designated payee institution, or whatever other account you use to pay for orders to the Company. Your credit card information or other payment information is not retained by the Company except as provided below. The Company does not maintain records of your credit card number or other payment information
The Merchant Services Provider is the merchant of record within the meaning of the data privacy laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
This information is “pseudonymous” within the meaning of the data privacy laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
Accuracy of Data and Rights
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up-to-date to the extent that you provide us with the information we require to do that. If your data changes (including, but not limited to, a change in your email address) then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes so that we can keep your records up-to-date.We retain the data about you only so long as reasonably required to meet the purposes for which we have the right to use the information. In this regard, we keep some data, relating to when and where Hello Bars were deployed, how many times a Hello Bar was viewed and clicked.We will give you access to any of your Personal Information that we hold about you within 30 days of any request you make for such information. We may charge for providing this information to you, as permitted by applicable law.
No Children Under Age 21