You know Larry loves wine, but did you also know he’s a whiz in the kitchen? Check out this lovely recipe for scallops he created this year for a special New Year’s Eve celebration. He served this with Fettuccine and homemade Alfredo and a Ceasar salad. Don’t forget to serve the rest of the Pinot Gris with your meal. This is an excellent pairing!
- About ¾ pound dry scallops. Make sure they are fresh.
- 1 cup W2W Washington Pinot Gris
- 1 tsp. dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- ½ stick salted butter
- 1½ tbp of Oilerie Lime infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Put the wine, butter, parsley and oregano into a small skillet and simmer at a moderate temperature until the volume is reduced to approximately half. Put this aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add the EVOO to the hot skillet. Once the oil is hot, place the scallops flat-side down across the skillet surface. Sear for about 1 minute. Turn the scallops and sear for another minute. Scallops should brown slightly.
- When complete, add the wine reduction and allow to simmer for 1 - 2 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK THE SCALLOPS. They should remain flexible, not firm.